Writers love to…well, write, so it’s not surprising that author blogs are some of the best. Why? Simple: writers know how to create engaging content. Here are ten great author blogs which are regularly updated and full of great content.
- Neil Gaiman is an author of all kinds of wonderful things: graphic novels, short fiction, comics, novels, films…and then some.
- Ursula K Le Guin, author extraordinaire! She may not be a prolific blogger, but her content is marvellous.
- John Green is the creator of the amazing book ‘The Fault in our Stars’ – put it to the top of your MUST READ list, if you haven’t already.
- Kami Garcia is an author, artist and teacher. She is probably best known for ‘Beautiful Creatures’.
- Scott Westerfeld is a fabulous science fiction author. His Leviathan trilogy was a masterful steampunk series.
- Ann Friedman is a journalist who writes about politics, culture, and gender. She writes a though provoking blog.
- Wil Wheaton is an actor and writer. You may be more familiar with his acting, but he is also an awesome blogger.
- Debbie Ridpath Ohi is an author/illustrator. She has two sites worth looking at: her blog and her InkyGirl illustrations.
- Seth Godin is an author and entrepreneur. His blog is a goldmine of marketing information and definitely worth a look.
- Carolyn Jewel is the author of historical and paranormal romance. Her blog is interesting and entertaining, but she also offers writerly advice.
Which author blogs are you reading?
Image courtesy of StuartMiles/FreeDigitalPhotos.net