Here’s my packing list so far:
- Backpack, pack liner and rain cover
- Pilgrim’s passport
- First aid: Blister pads, Vasoline, Bandaids, Nail clippers, Antiseptic cream, Anti-inflammatory tablets and cream, Paracetamol, Ankle and knee support, Diarrhea tablets, Scissors, Needle and thread, Antihistamine, Safety pins, String, Bug spray, emergency space blanket, tweezers
- Sun protection: Lip balm, Sun cream, After sun cream, Hat, Sunglasses
- Shoes: Hiking boots, Hiking sandals, Gaiters
- Walking poles
- Backpack, Waterproof pack cover
- Waterproof coat/poncho
- Water/drink bottle, Water sanitising tablets or purifier
- Sleeping bag, Bug-proof sleeping sheet/sack, Earplugs
- Head lamp/torch
- Clothes: Socks 4 pairs, Shorts/pants (2 pairs), Sarong, Fleece top 1, T-shirts 3, Underwear 3, Thermal top and pants 1
- Bathroom: Travel towel, Hair brush, Hair ties, Toothbrush, Toothbrush cover, Toothpaste, Shampoo/conditioner/bodywash, Face washer, Tissues/Toilet paper, Deodorant, Hand sanitiser, Laundry liquid/soap
- Eating utensils: spork
- Plastic zip lock bags and Dry bags
- Technology, Adapters, Chargers, etc.
I’m sure I’ve missed things I will need and have included a few things that might not make the final cut. This is definitely a work in progress.
If you’ve been on any hikes that required at least one overnight stop, I’d love to know your thoughts.
- What did you take and never use?
- What did you wish you had packed?
- What are your best packing hacks?
Read about my Camino preparations thus far at my blog.